Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Pretty Poncho


Here is another gift I made for my other sister for Christmas. I crocheted this poncho using a free pattern I found at Hobby Lobby. I used yarn from the Yarn Bee company. It's called Soft Delight in a fuchsia color. This yarn was on sale on a different week at Hobby Lobby. Of course I took advantage of the sale and bought several skeins of yarn for projects. This yarn is very soft to the touch and can be dressed up with a simple black dress or casually worn with jeans. I had to unravel it several times because the collar kept twisting on me. Once in a while I would miss a shell stitch and then I would have to unravel it and start over with the row. Still I enjoyed making this poncho for my sister. It's the first poncho I have ever made. It took several hours and I relished every moment of it. There is just something about sitting with a hook and soft yarn creating a garment that brings great satisfaction to me. It's peaceful, quiet, and pleasing the senses. I read somewhere that knitting uses up 85 calories an hour, so I figured it's the same for crocheting.

No comments: