Sunday, January 07, 2007

Fleece Blanket

This is another Christmas gift I made for my little sister. I went to Hancock Fabrics and found some embroidered fleece material on sale 30% off. I purchased it, then went home in quite a cheerful mood. I found some matching yarn and began to sew a blanket stitch around the border of the material. It took me two days to complete the blanket stitch. It's quite difficult to stitch through fleece with yarn. I certainly had a workout pulling that long yarn way out and then back through the material. After I completed the blanket stitch I began to crochet an edging around the blanket. I used a pattern in the Crochet Today Magazine Oct/Nov 'o6 issue. The pattern instructions were designed for a baby blanket but I adjusted them for an adult size blanket. I still used just four rounds but increased the number of stitches around. The yarn I used was Red Heart, Super Saver Muticolor, in Banana Berry. I thought the fleece fabric was beautiful with the embroidered flowers on it. It was very soft. I almost wanted to keep it for myself. Nevertheless, my sister is the proud owner of this warm cheery blanket.

No comments: