Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Bunny Rabbit


This rabbit was a Christmas gift for my mother. I found a pattern on Crochet World
magazine October 2005 issue. I actually had this magazine since last year and thought about making it for my mother but I thought it was too difficult so I didn't make it last year. Well, this year I got the guts to make it. I figured that if I didn't know how to do a particular technique I could eventually figure it out and voila! I made it! Once again I changed the pattern a bit. The rabbit in the magazine has a long sleeved jacket. I shortened the sleeves on mine just to be a little different. I also made the skirt different. I changed it from an a-line skirt into a full skirt. A full skirt just looked better. I consider the rabbit to be a little girl rabbit and she needed a full skirt to hop around in. I also changed up the skirt color. I usedRed Heart Super Saver yarn in Artist Print instead of the Summer Breeze color. Soft White was used for the body, Buff for the jacket, and Frosty Green for the shoes, and book bag. I also wanted to use pretty buttons instead of the plain yellow round buttons. I shopped around for some buttons and found some pretty purple flower buttons to use.

The eyes and nose are embroidered using embroidery floss. I had some trouble with it
because I'm not very good at embroidery. It still turned out cute. My mom really loved it and she couldn't believe that I made it. She kept saying, "You, made it , Ruby?", "You, made it?". I told her I followed a pattern to make it. It feels really great to make something and have other people appreciate it so much.



Here is a detail of the book bag. I also crocheted pantaloons under the skirt. I almost wanted to keep this cute bunny for myself but I thought I could always make another one if I want to.
Hopefully soon I can create my own patterns and make more crocheted toys for children.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey ruby!!! cute bunny! how have you been?