Saturday, January 06, 2007

Warm Crocheted Cowl


Now that Christmas is over I am able to post some of the gifts I made for family members. I was a little low on cash this year so I decided I would spend some time crocheting gifts for my family. I crocheted this cowl for my husband's grandmother. It's a hood and neck warmer in one. I found a pattern in a book called Cool Crocheted Hats. I found some yarn by the Yarn Bee Co., Icelandic Jewels in dark citrine for $.99 cents at Hobby Lobby, originally $5.22. The sale lasted for one week so I took this oportunity to purchase this yarn instead of the expensive mohair and wool blend that the pattern suggested to use. It does not drape as nice but it sure keeps you warm. I used Yarn Bee, ELF Eyelash Yarn in cherry red for the edging. I changed up the pattern a bit to make it a little wider on the shoulders. My husband's grandmother loved it and she wore it the whole time we were in Louisiana for Christmas.
It looks like a rectangle when layed out flat.

No comments: